Following a “virtual” meeting on 29 May 2020, the Board are delighted to tell you that “restricted” tennis can start again at Burrelton Tennis Club on Monday, 1 June 2020. A copy of the Tennis Scotland guidelines are at this link, guidance-for-tennis-venues-coaches–players-in-scotland—covid-19 28052020 and we would ask for your support in following these. The details are on the LTA ClubSpark website, and can be updated at any time in the light of Government information.
However, the following has also been decided by the Club:
- At the present time, only members of the Club can play. This decision will be reviewed in approximately 4 weeks’ time. Our 2020 membership fees will remain the same as 2019.
- A membership application form is attached but this is also available on our website and our ClubSpark website: https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/BurreltonTennisClub and you will be taken to this registration screen which will allow you to register prior to progressing to payment methods, and booking.
- Payment can be made directly into our bank account or on the ClubSpark site by direct debit, credit card and cheque. The preferred method is directly to our bank account (option 4 on the list) Once completed (and paid) you will be able to make court reservations. If paying directly please notify Douglas Rae, Treasurer, when you have made your payment (email@example.com). This is the screen you should see when registered and there is a separate tab for booking.
- The courts will be available to use (by members) from 8am to 8pm each day. Each session will be for one hour (playing time 45 minutes and 15 minutes to clean padlocks etc. upon leaving). Starting times have been staggered for each court.
- Please make every effort not to touch the fencing, nets or net winders.
- At the present time only singles should be played. However, doubles can be played if the members of each team are from the same household. No children under 14 can play without adult supervision on the court.
- Access to Court 1 (left hand court looking from clubhouse) is through the main gate. Access to Court 2 is through the disabled gate. New padlocks have been purchased and the code will be issued when you receive your booking confirmation from ClubSpark.
- You should play continuously, not swap sides and maintain the 2-metre social distancing regulations. You can only serve and touch your own tennis ball, which should be identifiable. Return balls to your opponent with your racket/feet.
- Hand sanitiser will be available inside each court gate for your use.
- Players are responsible for their own first aid, so please ensure that you have a first aid kit and your mobile phone with you in case of emergency.
- Personal Training/Coaching – One on one personal training or coaching is permitted if it is outdoors, physical distancing can be maintained, and is with members of your household and/or members of 1 other household. A coach or personal trainer should not deliver training to more than 1 household at any one time or provide training to more than 1 household per day. When participating in training or coaching, where possible, avoid touching surfaces and sharing equipment and touching your mouth and face.
Thank you all for your ongoing support of the Club.